Saturday, January 9, 2010

Self learning

Self learning has been challenging. Building my blog website application from scratch has been fun but has not been the smoothest experience. I know what I want to implement and need to work to implement the features. The problem is that the work schedule is in my head and not written down. My focus is jumping from one thing to another thing. I'll be working on the layout of the comments and notice something in the comment form I want to improve and switch jobs. And neither one gets fixed. I will be figuring out a schedule of work to do and follow it.

2 comments:

aaron said...

you make a good point. lately we've been trying scrum. maybe that would work for you. although its much easier to plan when you have a team. i've written my own project plan for projects i've done by myself. i think that was helpful because i did it in my spare time so it was easier to remember where i left of and what i needed to do next.

austen.ito said...

Is the rails blog app just to practice rails? I thought you were working on a financial app before?