Thursday, October 27, 2011

Blog Purpose

My blogging has been erratic and without purpose. There has been no reason behind any of the blog posts I've written. I want there to be a purpose and a future goal for my blogging. I've decided to work on my online presence. My goal is to create a professional persona to help me asses my strength and weaknesses of my programming capabilities.

The purpose of my blog is to showcase my learning. I will start detailing everything I'm working on.
  • Demonstrate my willingness and curiosity to continue increasing my programming knowledge.
  • Demonstrate I understand content related to programming.
  • Demonstrate my researching ability.
  • Demonstrate my writing ability.
  • Demonstrate my critical thinking ability.
  • Demonstrate my creativity.
  • Through my writing, develop and demonstrate my unique professional personality and character.
  • Develop and demonstrate my social media skills.
  • Begin developing my professional brand, not as a job-seeker in my field, but as a thought leader in my field.

My writing to this point has not clearly demonstrated any of these standards. One of my goals is to be able to clearly articulate in my writing what I'm working on so that everyone can understand. When I write what I'm working on, I want the newbie to the professional to understand what I'm explaining. I always hacking on something, whether it's Java or Rails or CSS and XHTML, I will have something to write about. It will take a lot of deliberate practice to get my writing to this point.

No comments: