Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Best of Tech

I've been wondering who are the best technology companies creating the best long lasting stuff. I have no criteria I'm following. I'm just thinking out loud. I'm probably going to miss some obvious ones. Apple seems like the head of the pack with the iPod and iTunes, popularity of the iPhone, and the Mac computer. Google seems to be in the mix with its searching and sharing capabilities. Is Microsoft still in the mix? They have Windows and the X-Box. But have they brought out anything that has caught on since? Sony is still out there with the Playstation and all the electronics. Amazon changed online shopping. Ebay changed online selling. Are there any up and coming companies out there creating the next best thing?

2 comments:

aaron said...

just adding to your list. how about people like

palantir and fogcreek

dng said...

Thanks! I've never heard of them.

I checked out FogCreek and there FogBugz software seems like my clew Issues. Only a lot better.

Have you seen Palantir's products in use? There finance software sounds interesting. Is there a way to learn more about it without contacting them? They only seem to work with qualified persons.